New build of Eco is out, with a big focus on collaboration and building communities!
Intro Story Sequence
- Added a new introduction story sequence! Appears when you first look at the meteor for the tutorial and both sets up the story and objective and emphasizes the cooperation needed to succeed.
Loans and Bonds!
- Players can offer loans, or bonds (which are the reverse of loans- people buy a bond from you and you pay them back with interest later).
- Changed the flow of getting into a game so recommended servers are highlighted and players are matched to servers based on their playtime. This should make finding online games much easier.
Discord Server Popup
- Servers can now set a Discord address in their settings, and new joining users will be prompted to join it through the tutorials.
- Changed base production of tailing from 2 to 5 for Iron Ingot recipe and from 1 to 2.5 for Smelt Iron recipe.
- Now tailings affected by efficiency. On max efficiency 1 for Iron Ingot recipe and 0.5 for Smelt Iron recipe (you should smelt at least two ingots to get benefits).
- Tailings now produce reduced pollution at lower depths rather than a hard cut-off at 10.
- Revamped the pullouts on the minimap. Everything is in one settings pull out now, which has been updated to the new visual style. World layers (now titled “Environment Data”) have been changed from a drop down to a scroll box, with layers grouped into categories.
- Performance has been improved, most noticeably when walking around the world.
- Add contract tax to Payment Contract Clause.
- Create new currency with “Coins per item” = 1.
- After Currency created (and first coins emitted) you’re not able to change “Coins per item”.
- Now contract for harvest allows to select beans, rice, camas bulb and other crops without seeds.
- Contract Tax will be retained from payment on completion. Client will pay exactly specified amount, but contract have to pay tax from received payment. In case of failed contract it will be applied to Deposit as well, in this case Client have to paid tax from deposit.
- Currencies list will now have scroll when it can’t be fully placed on display.
- Added actions “Plant”, “Remove Stump”, and “Harvest Leaves” to laws and stats.
- Actions “Pick Up” and “Place” now support world objects, in addition to blocks.
- The “Pick Up” action now supports mining and picking up rubble.
- The “Pick Up” action also supports picking up “Wood Pulp”, which is what”tree debris” is now called.
- Laws can now reference total currency in circulation, as well as treasury balance, in addition to just the acting player’s currency balance.
- You can now have as many proposed laws at one time as you want. This restriction was pretty meaningless, since you can already propose multiple clauses in a single law, and it’s not as necessary anymore since the default Citizenship law already prevents the most egregious cases of trolling.
- Added support for conditions on the “number of players” value. For example: “when attempting to gain skill Cooking, if (number of players where (level of Cooking > 0) > 3) prevent”.
- Indirect ways of killing plants are now counted as “Harvest” actions. This includes things like shoveling or plowing the dirt under a plant. This only applies to living plants. Removing a dead plant does not count as a “Harvest”.
- Changed how stats and legality checks for “Craft” work. You can now always start a project, regardless of legality. The project will become blocked based on whether it is legally allowed to craft one more item. A “Craft” action is only recorded in stats once an item has finished crafting. Among other things, this significantly reduces inaccurate “Craft” stats due to cancelling a project. The issue can still arise if you cancel a project after some items are crafted and waiting to be collected at the crafting station.
- Added the ability to regulate minting coins in laws.
Graphics and UI
- Updated the Storage tab to the new visual style.
- World markers now clamp to the screen correctly, and display in minimap list properly if they have tags.
- Updated Global Illumination to reflect terrain / water colors.
- Make info panel resizable (Currencies Report etc).
- Updated the following object tabs to the new visual style: Credit, Exchange, Power, Mint, Modules, Network, Pipes.
- Made the meteor not zoom-in until after you have opened the meteor tutorial.
- Added a button to world marker UI to open/show markers on the map.
- Add filter by language and version for recommended servers.
- Rapidly clicking now performs the same as holding down click e.g. when chopping down trees and mining rocks.
- Opened server info for Recommended Tab will not persist after Escape.
- Adjusted headers width so they now works much better with non-English locales having longer words.
- Added an error message which explains why a skill scroll failed to work if the player has a full inventory.
- Added a notification message when buying a deed.
- Ensure that open/closed state on linked inventories gets saved between play sessions.
- You can once more edit the names of unowned objects.
- You can now cancel loading a world with the escape button.
- Players authorized on a property now have full edit capabilities on any stores on the property, instead of having strange partial edit capabilities.
- Room tiers are now determined by the average tier of all blocks that make up the room, World objects have a had their material requirement changed to reflect this change.
- Created a testing framework for auto-testing UIs on the client.
- Editing world markers no longer auto-opens the map.
- Added /save command for admin which saves the world!
- Increased time you can pick up hunted animals to 3-5 minutes.
- Changed the cap on crafting order quantity from 999 to 9999, which is now enforced both when typing and when clicking the buttons.
We’ve squashed lots of bugs! Check out the complete change list go here.
Coming up next is the biome update, with tons of new species and habitats, Eco is going to get a lot more lively in the next release so watch for our streams as we work on that.
Thanks for your support as always and looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this release.